About Dr. Gorodnichy:
- Founder and former Leader of the National Research Council of Canada's
Video Recognition Systems project.
- Co-founder, IVIM Inc. ("Intelligent Vision Interfaces and More!") - official licensee of Nouse® Hands-Free Interface, leading technical partner for Ottawa Long Care facilities and University of Ottawa's School of Medicine on designing hands-free vision-based tools for people with disabilities.
- Adjunct Professor, University of Dalhousie, Faculty of Computer Science.
- Scientist and Leader of the CBSA-LSSD, Surveillance & Biometric Technologies group.
Conferences, Events and Proceedings (see also online Resources):
Federal department conferences:
- Second Interdepartmental Meeting on Video Technology for National Security (VT4NS'08) (by invitation only). October 23, 2008.
- First Interdepartmental Meeting on Deploying Video Technology for National Security. June 5-6, 2007
Academic (IEEE) conferences, workshops, tutorials, journal special issues:
- Tutorial on Recognition in Video. At Canadian Conference on Electrical and Computer Engineering (CCECE'06), May 7 to 10, 2006, Ottawa Congress Centre, Ottawa, Canada. - [Visit tutorial web-page]
- Special Issue of Image and Vision Computing Journal on Face Processing in Video Sequences. (Vol. 24, No. 6). June 1, 2006. -
[Read Editorial: "Seeing Faces. In Video. By Computers"].
- International workshop on Video Processing and Recognition. Jointly with Canadian conference Computer & Robot Vision ( CRV'07 ) , May 28-30, Montreal, Canada, Marriott Chateau Champlain - www.computer-vision.org/VideoRec07
- International Workshop on Video Processing for Security. Jointly with Canadian conference Computer & Robot Vision ( CRV'06 ), June 7-9, Quebec City, Canada - www.computer-vision.org/4security
- The Second International Workshop on Face Processing in Video. Jointly with Canadian conferences on Artificial Intelligence / Graphics Interface / Computer & Robot Vision ( AI / GI / CRV '2005), Victoria, BC, Canada, 9-11 May, 2005. - www.visioninterface.net/fpiv05
- The First IEEE CVPR Workshop on Face Processing in Video - Jointly with IEEE International Conference on Computer Vision and Pattern Recognition ( CVPR'04 ), June 28, 2004, Washington, D.C., USA. - www.visioninterface.net/fpiv04.-
- The 15th International Conference on Vision Interface (now called Canadian Conference of Computer and Robot Vision - CRV), May 27-29, 2002, Calgary, Canadahttp://www.cipprs.org/vi2002
- Neural Technology Exhibition Chair, IEEE Int. Joint Conference on Neural Networks (IJCNN'05)
- Special Issue of Image and Vision Computing journal on Vision Interfaces (Co-Editor), 2004 .
Video Recognition Technologies developed (see all):
- Vision-based computer control (Nouse®)
- Automated Surveillance (ACE Surveillance™)
- Face Recognition from Video (FRiV)
- Associative Neural Network Open Source Library
Publications (see all, see also patents):
- "New evaluation framework for identification-based biometric systems", Applied Computational Intelligence in Biometrics Session, IEEE Symposium on Computational Intelligence for Security and Defence Applications (CISDA), 2009
- Invited Contribution: “Face databases and evaluation” chapter in Encyclopedia of Biometrics (Editor: Stan Li), Planned for publication in 2009, Elsevier Publisher - [Read it]
- "Automated video surveillance: challenges and solutions. ACE Surveillance (Annotated Critical Evidence) case study" (NATO workshop 2008)
- "Video-based framew rk for face recognition in video" (IEEE CRV workshop, 2006)
Presentations (see all):
- "Image-based Biometric Technologies and their evaluation ", Council on Security & Technology, January 29th, 2009
- "Intelligent Video: myths, problems and solutions", VT4NS'08
- "Intelligent Video: problems and solutions" Transport Canada Rail and Urban Transit Security Workshop, Montreal, Nov. 2007. - [in English, en français]
- Canadian Conferences on Computer and Robot Vision
- IEEE CIB 2009 - Workshop on Computational Intelligence in Biometrics: Theory, Algorithms, and Applications, Nashville, Tennessee, USA, March 30 - April 2, 2009
- Second IEEE Symposium on Computational Intelligence for Security and Defense Applications. Detecting and Adapting to Emerging Threats. Ottawa, Canada, 9-10 July 2009
Committees / societies:
- CAC/JTC1/SC37 (Canadian Advisory Committees for the Joint Technical Committee) - Biometrics
- CAC/JTC1/SC29 (Canadian Advisory Committees for the Joint Technical Committee) - Image/Video formats
- IEEE Task Force on Biometrics of the Intelligent Systems Applications Technical Committee (ISATC) of the IEEE Computational Intelligence Society (CIS)
- NSERC TC Committee on Biometrics and Surveillance
- PSEPS Biometrics Working Group
- IEEE Computational Intelligence Society (Ottawa chapter) (Chair, 2004)